The Kula Group’s work on behalf of our clients speaks volumes. Below is a sampling of past client case studies, showing results achieved in each case. While PR is not a guarantee due to the media market, these studies demonstrate the work we’ve done, excelling in our fields of media relations, marketing, public relations, project management and business development.
Johnson & Johnson/DePuy Spine – CHARITÉ artificial disc replacement clinical trial at Texas Back Institute (TBI):
- Challenge: To create patient awareness and garner participation in the clinical trial. As a lead site for the trial, Texas Back Institute wanted national coverage to position themselves as the leaders in artificial disc replacement in the United States.
- Solution: The Kula Group created a comprehensive public relations and media relations campaign that required patient testimonial and physician participation to support key messages in the national media.
- Results: TBI not only had the highest overall participation in the trial but also had the longest waiting list for patients to receive the CHARITÉ disc after FDA approval. The campaign positioned TBI and its surgical team as the leader in artificial disc replacement. In October 2004, the CHARITÉ artificial disc gained FDA approval and the momentum continued. TBI national news coverage included the following media outlets: Wall Street Journal, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America and Fox News Live, among others.
Texas Back Institute Research Foundation (TBIRF), Plano, Texas
- Challenge: To create media awareness surrounding a Moldovan woman who was a victim of sex trafficking. The team worked with Representative Kay Granger’s staff on behalf of TBIRF to bring the 19-year-old the United States, specifically to Texas and the Texas Back Institute for treatment for her broken back, leg and pelvis, etc. after she fell six stories attempting to escape her captors.
- Solution: Through a series of news events and press releases, the team was able to relay the horrific reality of human trafficking to the general public.
- Results: Local media ran stories tracking her progress on WFAA, KTVT, KDFW, KDAF and in local newspapers.